Latest Newsletter

Kansas Residents May Qualify for Refund

On May 18, 2015 United States Supreme Court issued a ruling in the case of Maryland v. Wynne. Subsequently Kansas issued Notice 15-15 to allow amending open tax returns to claim a refund.

This new ruling from the Supreme Court and notice from the state of Kansas will allow you to file an amended Kansas tax return for 2012, 2013 and 2014 to receive a refund.

The amendment is due to a recent ruling that states must allow credit of taxes paid to another state or local government for both income and earning taxes imposed by that government. Kansas Notice 15-15 has acknowledged and approved the filing of amended returns for open tax years to claim a refund (

If you were a Kansas resident all year and worked in Kansas City and had Kansas City earnings withholding you may benefit by amending your 2012, 2013 or 2014 tax return.

We will be charging a flat fee of $125 per year for these amended returns. If you would like us to amend your 2012 return we will then check to see if it would be beneficial for you to amend other years and discuss with you at that time. As this is a 2012 return it will be required to be mailed to the state before the close of the tax year which will be 4/15/16.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Once you sign and return the engagement letter we will prepare the tax return for you.

Please call 913-894-8877 or email with any questions.

To download an engagement letter Click Here.